- Our bike shop & school joins donors, volunteers, and adopters, to transition under-utilized bicycles back into service.
- Our financial aid process allows bicyclists of any economic status to gain access to refurbished bicycles.
- Our Volunteer Mechanics Classes train volunteers via professional instruction, curriculum, tools, and workspace to refurbish donated bicycles.
- We create and maintain co-ops with partners around Portland.
- We provide repairs at public events.
B4HPDX began life in 2005 as a project of Community Exchange Bike School/Exchange Cycle Tours. For several years, we operated out of donated space at the founder’s house.
In May 2014, we expanded and moved our bike school and shop into the commercial space at 3354 SE Powell Blvd in Portland.
In May 2016 we opened our satellite hub at Gresham’s Main City Park.
2017: We opened our space to our newest partner Braking Cycles, another local non-profit who will run a coffee shop in the front of the space on Powell.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.